Below are some businesses in our area. These are NOT advertisers. We either patronize them, or they have been recommended by family, friends or other good sources.
An all-suites Holiday Inn is now open in Lake Placid. 608 South Lakeview Rd. Lake Placid, FL 33852-6811
Ph: 465-9916 Click Here For Website
Inn On The Lakes & Chicanes. GREAT lakeside hotel with lakeside pool and restaurant. Many of our clients have stayed here and enjoyed it. We eat at the restaurant regularly and we love it!
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 4400 HWY US 27 NORTH, SEBRING, FL 33870. Hotel Reservations: 1-800-423-0908. Hotel Front Desk: 1-863-386-1115 Hotel Fax: 1-863-3864109 Email: email@example.com New and nice!
Marriott Residence Inn - Great new hotel right on US27 across form Lake Jackson.
Chateau Elan Hotel - Beautiful hotel and great restaurant at the race track! They have entertainment and great meal specials for VERY good prices. Highly recommended.
Kenilworth Lodge - Historic hotel with nice pool neat downtown Sebring. Wi-Fi, meeting rooms and more!
Chamber Of Commere page with lots of hotels: Click Here.
Pratt's Resort - This is direclty on Lake June. There are a wide variety of room sizes. There is fishing, boating swimming and it's just a bit down the street from a golf course and dining.
Lake Henry Rentals are terrific and they are right on Lake Henry, which is a smaller lake connected with Lake June. They are right down the street from Jaxon's and Leisure Lakes Golf course - go by boat, car or walk! Call Dana or Betty at: (863) 465-5722
Ramada Inn has 100 guest rooms, a tiki bar, outside pool and fishing docks. It is located at: 2165 Us Hwy 27 South, Lake Placid, FL 33852 863-465-3133
Cypress Isle RV Park & Marine (Lake Istokpoga), 2 Cypress Isle LN, Lake Placid, FL 33852 (863) 465-5241. Located directly on Lake Istokpoga (7 1/2 miles East of Lake Placid) with Cabins and Camping available, with everyone receiving a Covered Boat Slip with their stay. An old fashioned Florida Fish Camp, Wild Shiners are our specialty with 90% of customers fishermen and women looking to catch the big bass, crappie or bluegill. The other 10% are people just wanting to get away from the busy cities and sit on their porch and watch the water and flocks of many birds in nature. A good bird watching lake.
Lake Placid Dining
There are plenty of great restaurants in Lake Placid. There are the usual fast-food chains (pretty much all of them on US27 so we won't list them), but below are some good dine-in choices:
Main Street USA located at 15 Main Ave Soth is a favorite for breakfast and we've eaten here many times - the food is good and plentiful! It's easy to find right on Main Street near downtown Lake Placid.
Pier 633 is NICE! Great atmosphere, drinks and food. It's at: 633 Lake June Road, Lake Placid, FL 33852 (863) 699-2600. Bar/Restaurant.
The bowling alley has had a najor facelift and inside is Coz's Sports Bar located at: 800 US 27 South
Lake Placid, FL 33852. Bar/Restaurant.
Casa Tequila Mexican Restaurant is located at: 1979 Placid Lakes Blvd. in the Placid Lakes Subdivision. Lots of good food at good prices! The have a screned outdoor dining area. Bar/Restaurant.
Heron's Garden - near the tower - on US 27 is very good. Bar/Restaurant.
Make’n The Dough is a fun sportsbar located "on the circle" (the park) at: 312 W. Interlake Blvd. Bar/Restaurant.
Jaxson's, right on Lake Henry on Lake June RD (you can get there via boat - Lake June, Carrie or Henry - or car!) is a great place for a burger, grouper sandwich or many other fine selections. They serve beer and wine but no liquor. There are plenty of TVs and one big screen and periodic live entertainment. Sort of a dive, but the food is good! It's located at: 443 Lake June Rd. (863) 441-3096. Bar/Restaurant.
The Tower Restaurant is good, and we've eaten there often. It's at: 461 US 27 North, Lake Placid, FL 33852 (863) 699-9996. Bar/Restaurant.
Beef O'brady's sports bar is located on US 27 (Winn Dixie strip mall). It is a chain, but a good one. Bar/Restaurant.
Sebring has quite a few choices. Virtually all the fast food chains, and dine-in chains such as: Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesdays, Bob Evans, Chilli's (recommended!), Outback, Road House Grill, Cody's Road House, Starbucks, Panera Bread and several others.
Our friends, Dick & Trish Miller, own the Sebring Diner (4040 US 27 South In Sebring) and they are great people who really put their heart into their work. The food is great and the restaurant is clean and we highly recommend it! Click Here for their Website.
Chicanes which is in the hotel, Inn On The Lakes, has fine dining but not too expensive.
Chateau Elan at the Sebring racetrack has specials (2 for $25 prime rib, etc.). VERY good deal and good food. It is a training restaurant so there are servers from all over the world.
Don Jose Mexican Restaurant (& bar) is located directly on Lake Jackson also offers screened outdoor dining. It is located at: 4731 Lakeview Drive (right off US-27 in front of the lake) (863) 385-9326
Once home to the huge gator, Bully, The Watering Hole is back! This place has always been better than it sounds and we've had great meals evry time we've eaten there. It's casual dining and great food.
Brewsters is a great coffee shop right off US27. There is often entertainment.
There are more great choices which can be found in this nifty Highlands County Restaurant Guide. There are menus and much more information!
There are many great stores in and around Sebring & Lake Placid. For most of these, you'll have to venture off US27 - not a bad thing! In the downtown area (where all the murals are) in Lake Placid, there are several cute antique and collectible stores and many other quaint little shops. The historic "Sebring Circle" has cute little stores and restaurants as well.
If you like "big" shopping, head to Sebring (and most will be direclty up and down US27). There is an indoor mall with the "typical" mall stores such as J. C. Penny, Sears, Belk, Bealls, K-Mart, etc. There's also two Super Wal-Mart stores in town, Lowes, Home Depot, Pet Supermarket, Pier One, OfficeMax, Office Depot, Lowes and many other stores near the mall.
Books A Million, PetCo, Bed Bath & Beyond and several other large specialty stores are now open in Sebring.
Homes, Home Improvement & Real Estate
Clarke Pest Control
Lake Placid/Sebring Home Builder Information: email here for more information. We know of several very good builders who stand behind thgeir work!
Central Security Alarm Systems. This great Lake Placid business is Highlands County’s oldest local alarm company (Since 1988).
M & P Tree Pros Inc, 110 Cumquat Rd Nw, Lake Placid, FL 33852 863-441-4702. We've used Mike several times and he has done a great job for us and clients.
Burke Construction is a family business located in Lake Placid which has been building docks, boathouses and seawalls for over 20 years in Highlands County. We've used him ourselves and had a greeat experience.
David Scott (Phone: 863-655-5700) does a variety of handy man work and was recommended by a client who felt he helped him tremendously.
Desoto Tree Service - Licensed & Insured 863-441-2507.
Linder Tile - Get many great flooring choices from a hard-working company. email here for more information
Rubin Martinez paints, does drywall and much more. Several people in the area have hired him for projects and recommended him highly. Reach Rubin at: (863) 273-1039
T.M. Scott, INC Roofing. Located in Lake Placid. 465-7737. They have done two roofs (different homes!) for us in the past 1o years.
Hartman's Lawn Care and Tree Service - from simple lawn mowing to pressure cleaning, landscaping and tractor servies, Robert Hartman can help! Phone: 863-441-2592.
These are businesses that we have used or have been recommended:
- Resultz Fitness is a great gym with free weights and cardio equipment as well as "machines." There is tanning and cross training, etc. 224 East Interlake. Highly recommended!
- Highlands County Schools CLICK HERE for more information.
- Wachovia Bank (Now Wells Fargo)
- Suntrust Bank
- Financial Services & Investments: Edward Jones & Associates, Chris Boylan, 581 Dal Hall Blvd., Lake Placid, FL. 33852 (863) 465-4444
UnWrap The Party has everything for your next party: Invitations, DJ, supplies, and a LOT more. Located at: UnWrap The Party, 2808 US 27 North, Sebring, FL 33870 863-386-4417
- Ridge Rangers - Experience the Lake Wales Ridge - explore natural areas, meet new people, gain valuable experirs are our specialty with 90% of customers fishermen and women looking to catch the big bass, crappie or bluegill. The other 10% are people just wanting to get away from the busy cities and sit on their porch and watch the water and flocks of many birds in nature. A good bird watching lake.
- Lake Placid & Sebring Fitness Centers (actually in the hospitals Click Here.
Please email the name of a business you would like to see listed.